Friday, August 05, 2011

Artificial Intelligence(2001)

So, hi! I have watched this movie way back to 2001 and I have completely forgotten about it for like ages ago then I our dear teacher Mr. McAllen Reonel Sebastian Cacacho has asked us to watch certain films and do blog about it. Artificial Intelligence for me is an applied science(well, uhm, it's pretty obvious, I mean duh! LOL). I got some stuffs from Wiki that says that Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence of machines and the branch of computer science that aims to create it. AI textbooks define the field as "the study and design of intelligent agents". 




Video courtesy of YOUTUBE.
I want to write more but before that I would like to show you the trailer of the movie.

I was 9 years old when the movie was out. And it was only on the next year that I've got to watch the movies on the telly. I was more interested in David than the movie per se. It was more like a fan watching avidly his/her idol on telly instead of watching the movie for its theme.

It was actually a science-fiction(well that is when the film existed since such technologies are still not widely studied) and it involved robots who are programmed to act and feel like humans. And they can pretty do something like LOVE(for which robot science, or so they are called haven't discovered even at this time.) 


David was the main character in the movie and he was actually a mecha(term used for robot specimens) that is deployed to a foster family for testing. He acted like humans, feel like humans(but can't actually, really really feel anything...LOL) talk like humans. David through the course of the movie has actually adopted to the life that humans live. He also have the capacity to long for affection, try to mingle with people but its inevitable for humans to accept him so they try to pull him down.

This actually broke tears in my eyes. I wasn't concerned about David anymore but I was more into the feeling of a child who would always long for a Mother's touch. Reflecting again for my movie review I got to compare David with the teens of today, who takes for granted their parents and look forward to leaving their house and waste their time with their VICE FRIENDS(vice and friends). I commend this movie and that teenagers should watch and reflect. I think its attachment that we lack. We have to give importance to the things and people that we have today because there will be no second chances nor second take on life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment